For many, the ground floor is associated with a cellar. And this is true to some extent.
But if it is insulated, ventilated, and a high-quality floor is installed, then you can get an additional place to relax or meet with friends.
Obviously, the dank underground quarters are the reason for many problems at once. The constant dampness here adversely affects both the foundation and the walls.
The quality of the floor covering plays one of the most important roles in reducing the negative impact on the house.
This is critically relevant for the ground-floor area with the purpose to improve the heat-saving properties of your premises.
If you decide to refinish the basement floor, it is better to contact the specialists – only they can carry out the work in accordance with the current norms and regulations using proven materials. Such experts work in our company – we cooperate with the best basement contractors.
At the stage of repair, it is difficult to imagine how to choose the best option. Especially for basement flooring, which has special requirements.
Because when choosing a coating for such a specific room, you need to be guided not only by aesthetic qualities but also by technical characteristics.
It is even harder to choose local basement contractors. After all, they have to be experienced, qualified, versed in technologies, with all the necessary equipment, and perform on time.
Contact our company — and we will redo the basement floor at the best price without compromising quality.
Before starting any basement finishing work, our staff will clean up all debris and tamp down the ground. Then they take care of the insulation and surface treatment, start preparing the material, and lay the floor.
There are only two ways for flooring: along with the logs and on the ground. The main factor is the level of groundwater. For the closed one to the surface, we recommend a concrete or cement floor.
The ground floor is closest to the ground and the risk of being humid and cold is very high. But our specialists will insulate the floor and make it as stable as possible.
Pricing for Basement Flooring
In addition to installing floors from scratch, our company is engaged in the replacement of existing covering and treatment of wooden floors. The average cost of flooring in a basement depends on the material and can range from $1,000 to $4,000. For example, carpet installation will cost $1,200, vinyl – $1,600, concrete – $2,400, and hardwood – $4,000.
Basement Floor Designing
It is quite difficult to choose the best flooring for the basement. But we recommend the following materials:
- Concrete or concrete slabs act as the foundation for basement floors. It is a reliable material that can be easily restored in case of damage.
- If you are thinking of making a sauna or kitchen in the basement, then take a look at high-quality ceramic or porcelain tiles with an anti-slip coating.
- Rubber tiles are perfect for a gym or gym, children’s playroom in the basement. Also, PVC flooring is suitable for such premises.
- Ground floor with its own bar is not a dream. With self-leveling and an epoxy floor in the finished basement, you can achieve an incredible effect.
- Some experts strongly discourage the use of carpets in a basement room, arguing high humidity. But if the problem is solved, why not please yourself with a cozy interior?
Our company provides a full range of basement finishing services in Brookline, Dedham, Lexington, South Boston, and other Massachusetts locations. If you are thinking about remodeling, waterproofing, renovations, moss removal from the surfaces, radon testing, flooring, or arrangement of living quarters in the basement, call our managers and leave your contacts.